Instagram Tips and Highlights from Polkadot Passport
This was on of the talks I enjoyed in Traverse 17 conference in London.
HOW TO GAIN FOLLOWERS ON INSTAGRAM WITHOUT LOSING YOURSELF
Speaker: Nicola Easterby
Nicola aka polka dot passport is a brilliant blogger and instagramer and she shared some of her tips with us after three years growing her audience on instagram:
How to post on Instagram
Only post high quality relevant photos
Photo orientation should be portraits or square. They take more of the screen, which leads to better engagement
Hashtag photos. Also, find official hashtags and tag for feature accounts.
Post at peak times
Tips for better photos on Instagram
- Content is key!
- Shooting during golden hour
- Finding unique perspectives
- Adding a subject to your photos
- Having both a foreground and a background
- Capture a sense of movement
Making money on Instagram
- Sponsored post- promote something for a brand
- Disclosing with a hashtag
- Creating product into your feed to tell a story that relates to your audience
- Gifting / Contra exchange - only good when starting but after 10k you should get paid!
- Instal takeovers for brand accounts
- Long term ambassador roles
- Hustle hard when you are starting. You can pitch to you dream brands
- DM brands asking for the PR contacts
- Find platforms to get noticed and to find work opportunities
Example: tribe group for influencers.